11/27/07

Reflections 2

It still amazes me that there is so much technology available for teachers to use. I keep thinking that the way we are teaching school is somewhat antiquated; I have only seen some of the things I have learned about in one classroom that I support. I think it is difficult for teachers to change the way they operate. I look forward to more teachers taking this class and implementing what they have learned. Just think of the paper we could save!

In Resource, I am busy helping to complete the traditional paper and pencil assignments. As an assistant, I am particularly enjoying using my del.icio.us account. I can now have many more sites on hand, catagorized. It was also interesting to view other sites of interest, and take them for my own. I like to keep photos of the Adirondacks close for mini visual vacations. It is a stress reliever.

2 comments:

jcain6 said...

I agree with you Kathy on how nice it is with Del.icio.us to have so many sites on hand at the touch of a button. It is amazing how much is out there and can be utilized by the world wide web. I am very excited that we are all completing this course together, it is a lot of fun and I know we have all learned alot.

Laurie O'Reilly said...

I agree with the idea that, especially for our struggling learners, more of the same many times doesn't accomplish the goal of creating lifelong learners. These tools may not only spark these young learners but help all of our students to learn what they need to know and do faster and easier. Yet I also agree that many times it is harder to take the time to struggle through a new way of teaching than to go with what has worked before. I know I need to push myself to better use these new tools to help our students learn.